Phishing emails update
Accredited Service Providers (ASPs) have brought to our attention phishing emails that appear to have been sent by Essential Energy’s BetterConnect Project email address.
Valid email addresses that our Network ASP team use to share communications with you are:
- Essential Engagement
To maintain your cyber security, please check that any emails that appear to be from Essential Energy are valid.
What is a phishing email?
A phishing email is a fraudulent attempt to obtain your sensitive information by a sender disguising themselves as a trustworthy entity.
If you receive a phishing email, please take the following actions:
- Delete the email
- Do not open it and do not click on any links
- If you click on a suspicious link, we recommend you change all your passwords
- Do not forward the email.
You can also find more information on the Australian Cyber Security Centre: (https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/threats/phishing)
What do you need to do?
- Review the above and remain vigilant for phishing emails.
- Communicate this information to relevant members of your organisation.
If you need further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.